Don Bosco Youth Centre & Hostel Inc
Don Bosco Youth Centre & Hostel Inc is a medium-scale charity established in 1939. Their main activity is registered as community development primarily serving children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities financially disadvantaged people people with disabilities females males.
The Don Bosco Hostel provides full support accommodation for young men aged 18 - 24 from rural Victoria and overseas. The Hostel residents are typically involved in study at University, TAFE or apprenticeship training. Residents are encouraged to apply themselves diligently to their studies and to participate in recreation and social activities. The Don Bosco Youth Centre is a 'drop in' recreation centre for young people from Brunswick and surrounding suburbs. A large sporting and recreation complex caters for young people using the centre and representing a wide range of religious and cultural backgrounds. Facilities are also available for school retreats and physical education programs. The COVID-19 restrictions of 2020 meant that the normal activities of the Youth Centre were suspended for most of the year. The Hostel also experienced a decline in the number of residents able to use the facility. The easing of restrictions in 2021 has seen both Centres starting to make a recovery.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- People with disabilities
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
Total employee expenses: $89,491 (29% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $22,373.
Revenue vs Expenses
Don Bosco Youth Centre & Hostel Inc has seen an average annual decline of -1% in revenue versus a -2% p.a. decrease in expenses.
Assets vs Liabilities
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Michael Lynch
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: Gospel Future Fund, TEDXSYDNEY LIMITED, Taroona Environment Network Inc, BEAT Bladder Cancer Australia Inc, CatholicCare Wilcannia-Forbes Limited, Picton-Thirlmere-Bargo RSL sub-Branch (RSL NSW), Company B Ltd, New Front Door: The Church IT Guild, Horizon Housing Realty, Sticking Together SIB Trust, The Trustee for Foyer Central SIB Trust, Newpin SA SIB Trust, Resolve SBB Trust, Newpin Qld SBB Trust, Aspire SIB Trust, Side by Side SIB Trust, Tasmania University Union University Fellowship of Christians Society.
- Phillip Gleeson
- Deputy ChairpersonAlso represents: Don Bosco Youth & Recreation Centre.
- Anthony Nguyen
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: St Margaret Marys Primary School, St Margaret Marys, Australian Vietnamese Christian Association Incorporated.
- Michael Ledda
- Board Member
- Michael Ledda
- Committee Member
- Dat Phung
- John Prest
- Board Member
Don Bosco Brunswick Youth Foundation Trust Fund
Raise funds to support the Don Bosco Brunswick Youth Centre and Hostel.…
Don Bosco Brunswick Youth Foundation Incorporated
We operate two Opportunity Shops to financially support the Don Bosco Brunswick Youth Centre and Hostel. Raise funds by submissions to philanthropi…
Australian Vietnamese Christian Association Incorporated
The main activity of the charity is the publication of the Dan Chua Catholic magazine.…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
715 Sydney Rd
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions Public Benevolent Institution
- vic, salesians of don bosco, hostel, Brunswick