Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/Act) Limited
Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/Act) Limited is a large-scale charity established in 2006. Their main activity is registered as legal services primarily serving aboriginal and torres strait islander people.
Throughout the 2019-20 financial year the ALS continued to deliver critical, culturally safe legal services in criminal law, childrens care and protection, and family law. We also delivered additional programs aimed at supporting the community and ultimately reducing contact with the justice system, including support for our people to access bail, advocacy on behalf of vulnerable renters and tenants, and more. These services help defend our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples rights in court, reduce the number of Aboriginal people going to prison, and support families to keep kids safe in the community and culture.
Who They Help
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $18,314,234 (69% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $85,982.
Revenue vs Expenses
Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/Act) Limited has seen an average annual growth of 5% in revenue versus a 4% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Aboriginal Legal Service (NSW/Act) Limited has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.52. This is considered slightly riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Helen Brown
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Australian Council For Health Physical Education & Recreation (Victorianbranch) Incorporated, The Society Of WA Opera Lovers Inc, The Trustee For The J. Permsew Foundation, Backpacks 4 Vic Kids Inc, Wirringa Baiya Aboriginal Womens Legal Centre, Hug Charity Foundation Inc..
- Robert Carroll
- Edward Francis Pitt
- Raymond Keed
- Bunja Smith
- Peta Macgillivray
- Keith Morgan
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Daargun Aboriginal Corporation, Gippsland & East Gippsland Aboriginal Co-Operative Ltd, C3 Reach Miranda Incorporated.
- Mark Davies
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: Baptist Church Woonona, Amaroo Local Aboriginal Land Council, Sunshine Coast Christian Fellowship Inc., Restoration Fellowships International - (Qld) Inc, Westcare Community Services Incorporated, Hawkesbury Valley Baptist Church, Neurosurgical Society of Australasia, Returned & Services League Denmark Sub-branch, Armidale Aboriginal Health Services Incorporated.
- Brendan Moyle
- Avery Brown
- Lila D'souza
- SecretaryPossibly also represents: SEFA Partnerships Limited.
- Lorraine Wright
St George Foundation Trust
Our work over the 4 month reporting period included distributing over $800K to 20 charitable organisations to deliver programs in line with our vision…
Economic Justice Australia
Economic Justice Australia is the peak organisation for community legal centres across Australia providing specialist legal help to people on their so…
Provide culturally appropriate services to Aboriginal people in area of Medical , Aged care, Children services and NDIS.…
Charity Bounce Limited
Charity Bounce is a not for profit organisation that exists to build resiliency and positive job futures for young people at -risk (12-24), using inno…
Think & DO Tank Foundation Limited
Think+DO Tank Foundation collaborates with low-income and marginalised, urban communities in NSW, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse w…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
Suite 460, 311-315 Castlereagh St
- Operating States
- NSW ACT
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
- Latest Social
- Tweets by ALS_NSWACT
- children, nsw, law, aboriginal, sydney, aboriginal people, legal, police, legal assistance