Telethon Inc is a medium-scale charity established in 1959. Their main activity is registered as unknown or not classified primarily serving early childhood - aged under 6 children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities financially disadvantaged people people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness people with chronic illness (including terminal illness) people with disabilities pre/post release offenders and/or their families unemployed persons veterans and/or their families victims of crime (including family violence) females males animals other charities general community in australia.
Telethon Inc is a public benevolent institution that helps other charities raise funds to support their good works and programs. Our annual fundraising project "home lottery" is fully funded by Telethon Inc and our charity partners incur no financial risk to partake in our annual lottery. We provide all the marketing and communications information to promote the fundraising project to assist with brand awareness for our participating Charities to maximise their sales. Any funds raised directly by Telethon Inc are reinvested into the project for the following year.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Veterans and/or their families
- Unemployed persons
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- People with disabilities
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Other charities
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- General community in Australia
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $82,730 (9% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $82,730.
Revenue vs Expenses
Telethon Inc has seen an average annual decline of -5% in revenue versus a 40% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Grants given out in 2020 for use within Australia: $574,152
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Telethon Inc has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.14. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Penelope Mcauley
- Board Member
- Peter Nolan
- SecretaryPossibly also represents: Ausglass (The Australian Association Of Glass Artists) Limited, Group Training Australia (Sa) Inc, Australia and New Zealand Electrotechnology Training Alliance Inc (ANZETA), Plumbing Electrical Electronic And Refrigeration Vocational Education Employment And Training Incorporated.
- Natalie Koutsikas
- Board Member
- Benjamin Duggan
- Board Member
- Neil Smith
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: Mukinbudin Church Of Christ Inc, St Matthews Village Incorporated, Lisa Fahey Foundation Incorporated, The Trustee For The Lisa Necessitous Circumstances Fund, Palm Beach RSL sub-Branch (RSL NSW), Tamborine Mountain Community Care Association Incorporated, Kidsafe Sa Incorporated, Toorak College Parents And Friendsassociation, Warrnambool Gospel Trust, David Mccracken Ministries Inc, Calrossy Anglican School, Calrossy Pre School, Empowered 21 Oceania Ltd, Blacktown & District Historical Society, Planetshakers Global Limited, Planetshakers Empower Limited, Planetshakers Ministries International Limited, Planetshakers Trust Fund, The Trustee for Empower 365, Planetshakers City Church Ltd, Planetshakers Cultural Trust, EMPOWER 365 LTD, Isee Foundation, iSEE Cultural Trust Fund.
- Paul Zollo
- Deputy Chairperson
ASX Refinitiv Charity Foundation
Fundraising through organising charity events, funds will be distributed to other charities for children, medical research and people with disabilitie…
Australian Horizons Foundation Limited
We provided financial support to much needed communities through Rotary Club of Cobar, Rotary Club of Bendigo, Active Farmers, Blaze Aid, Heyfield Lio…
Sydney 2 CAMberra Inc
The Charity was able to facilitate the fundraising of over $230,000 to be shared by the two supported charities being the Stillbirth Foundation Austra…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions Public Benevolent Institution
08 8310 0268
- Latest Social
- Tweets by TelethonSouthAustralia
- fund raising, charity, sa, charities, marketing, raise funds, telethon, brand, brand awareness, Marleston