Council On The Ageing (Nt) Inc
Council On The Ageing (Nt) Inc is a medium-scale charity established in 1968. Their main activity is registered as personal services primarily serving adults - aged 65 and over families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities people with disabilities veterans and/or their families females males.
We have over 30,000 seniors on our database and during the COVID-19 period - we endeavoured to telephone all seniors aged over 80 as most of these seniors do not have access to the internet plus donot have an iphone or ipad and most are not digitally literate. So COTA NT stayed open and called these vulnerable seniors on a weekly basis to see if they were alright and if they needed any assistance with shopping etc.
Who They Help
- Veterans and/or their families
- People with disabilities
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $560,198 (61% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $93,366.
Revenue vs Expenses
Council On The Ageing (Nt) Inc has seen an average annual growth of 18% in revenue versus a 12263% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Council On The Ageing (Nt) Inc has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.14. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Michael Walker
- TreasurerPossibly also represents: The Southern Highlands Foundation, Ngarluma Aboriginal Corporation RNTBC, Federation of Australian Scientific and Technological Societies, Forbes RSL sub-Branch (RSL NSW), Yass Valley Aged Care Limited, REDLAND SPRING FESTIVAL INC, Gugin Gudduba Local Aboriginal Land Council, Australian Society Of Soil Science Incorporated.
- Jeanette Jewell
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
Gpo Box 852
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions Public Benevolent Institution
- facebook, darwin, nt, netball, tai chi