Prison Fellowship Australia
Prison Fellowship Australia is a large-scale charity established in 1981. Their main activity is registered as adult peer mentoring primarily serving youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over aboriginal and torres strait islander people people in rural/regional/remote communities people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness pre/post release offenders and/or their families unemployed persons.
We provide high-calibre, Christian volunteer support to prisoners across Australia through prison visiting, chaplaincy, and facilitating rehabilitative and restorative justice programs. We also assist with prisoners transition back into the community and post release support. We provide care and practical assistance for families of offenders through mentoring, camps, and Christmas gifts. We provide opportunities for victims of crime to participate in restorative justice programs.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Unemployed persons
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $1,485,223 (63% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $87,366.
Revenue vs Expenses
Prison Fellowship Australia has seen an average annual growth of 4% in revenue versus a 1% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Grants given out in 2021 for use outside of Australia: $44,094
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2021, Prison Fellowship Australia has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.30. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Melissa Binks
- Peter Hall
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: State Coal Mine - Rescue Station Arts Inc, Forest Lake Baptist Church, Boggabri RSL sub-Branch (RSL NSW), Collie Railway Station Group Incorporated, Ici College Australia Inc, Quality Education Nepal Incorporated, Grace Munro Aged Care Centre Ltd, Uca-Ipswich City Uniting Church, Cultural Infusion Foundation Ltd, Healesville Interchurch Community Care Incorporated, St Ambrose Anglican Parish - Gilgandra.
- Michael Wood
- Ruth Mccrindle
- DirectorAlso represents: Adsafe Ltd.
- Peter Hall
- Antonio Pisano
- Michael Wood
- David Berry
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Whitehorse Active Transport Action Group Inc., Illawarra Cancer Carers Incorporated, WAY FORWARD DEBT SOLUTIONS LIMITED, Organs Of The Ballarat Goldfields A Festival Of Fine Music, Moorabbin-Dandenong Lutheran Church, Blackburn And District Treepreservation Society Inc A152078, Consumer Action Law Centre, Lutheran Church Of Australia Victorian District St James Moorabbin, Baptist Insurance Services Ltd.
- Gavin Mann
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Parklands Christian College Limited.
- Derrick Toh
- Andrew Baxter
St Mary's Outreach Service (Inc.)
SMOS undertook the following services during 2020: - Homeless Outreach: serving weekly meals to the needy in the community and offering a showering fa…
Pied Pipers Incorporated
The funds raised for the Royal Children's Hospital only go to four areas. Research, building, scholarships and new equipment…
Two Birds One Scone
We provided ongoing support with food and essential items to all struggling individuals and families who suffered financial hardship and delivered ite…
Church Of Christ Warragul
The church conducts weekly worship services and various bible study groups throughout the week to instruct and encourage the congregation in their fai…
The Anglican Parish Of Ormond
Our church's vision is to be a transformed community, sharing Jesus for a transformed City. Four strategies have been adopted to get us there: R…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
U 2 9-11 Highview Dr
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
(03) 9848 1224
- employment, prison, christmas, bible study, vic, skill, chapel, doncaster, prison fellowship