Dementia & Alzheimers Australia Ltd
Also known as “Dementia Australia” and “Alzheimer's Australia Ltd.”, Dementia & Alzheimers Australia Ltd is a large-scale charity established in 1989. Their main activity is registered as other health service delivery primarily serving general community in australia.
Key focus areas of the organisations activities and outcomes include: *advocate for better services for people with dementia, their families and carers *create dementia friendly communities and organisations *achieve access to appropriate care and support for people with younger onset dementia *achieve sustainable funding to delivery services *increase community awareness and understanding about dementia *raise awareness of dementia risk reduction *management of contract and reporting of services for a range of nationally funded programs * provide services to consumers including the National Dementia Helpline, counselling, support, education to people with dementia and carers, information provision * general public information sessions, publication and information resources, dementia awareness risk reduction activities * professional workforce education *support the development of innovative services *improve dementia care through knowledge translation provide national leadership in advocacy for dementia research in Australia *achieve consumer involvement in research.
Who They Help
- General community in Australia
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
Total employee expenses: $3,698,616 (17% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $132,093.
Revenue vs Expenses
Dementia & Alzheimers Australia Ltd has seen an average annual growth of 4% in revenue versus a 3% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Grants given out in 2017 for use within Australia: $14,163,597
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2017, Dementia & Alzheimers Australia Ltd has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.68. This is considered slightly riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Gaye Mcmath
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Alzheimer's Australia NSW, Alzheimer's Australia Vic Ltd, Alzheimer's Australia (Qld) Limited, Dementia And Alzheimer's Association (Tasmania) Ltd, Anglican Community Of The Redeemer Ashmont Wagga Wagga, Alzheimer's Australia NT Ltd, Heritage Perth Inc., Alzheimer's Australia Gold Coast Inc, Alzheimer's Australia Sa Incorporated, THE CHAMBER OF ARTS AND CULTURE WA INCORPORATED, Alzheimer's Australia ACT Ltd.
- Greg Fraser
- Board Member
- Tony Newman
- Ian Knight
- Jenna Dennison
- Board Member
- Amanda Quealy
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: Australasian College Of Health Service Management.
- Graeme Samuel
- William Bass
- Paul Robertson
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: Child Accident Prevention Foundation Of Australia, Harbourside Church, Sydney Theatre Company Foundation, Goodstart Early Learning Ltd, Townsville Central Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, The Trustee For Robertson Foundation, Kidsafe NT Incorporated, The Trustee For Trustees Of St Vincent's Hospital, Woden Valley Alliance Church Incorporated, Social Ventures Australia Limited, The Trustee For Financial Markets Foundation For Children, Gold Coast Open House Architecture Festival Inc, The Trustee for Creating Chances Trust.
- Maree Mccabe
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: National Ageing Research Institute Limited.
- Anthony Boffa
The Association for Children with Disability (Tasmania) Inc
The Association for Children with Disability (Tas.) Inc - better known as ACD Tas. is a Member organisation the provides Information, Advocacy, Traini…
Queensland Education Science And Technology Network
QUDIT provides for the interchange of ideas concerning the delivery of ICT services in higher education and research, and acts as a forum for progress…
Alzheimer's Australia ACT Ltd
Key focus areas of the organisations activities and outcomes include: *advocate for better services for people with dementia, their families and carer…
Code Read Dyslexia Network Australia Limited
Nationally we raised awareness and understanding of dyslexia through campaigns, media and events, including health impacts; We provide information t…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
Endeavour House Level 3, 2-10 Captain Cook Crescent
- Operating States
- VIC TAS NSW QLD WA SA ACT NT
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
02 6278 8900
- Latest Social
- Tweets by DementiaAus
- community, leadership, education, research, information, carers, dementia, risk, alzheimer's, dementia research, griffith, act, Barton