Leichhardt Community Group Inc
Leichhardt Community Group Inc is a medium-scale charity established in 1984. Their main activity is registered as human services information primarily serving youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities financially disadvantaged people people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness people with chronic illness (including terminal illness) people with disabilities pre/post release offenders and/or their families unemployed persons veterans and/or their families victims of crime (including family violence) victims of disaster females males.
This year, due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to close our doors from early April until mid-May. Due to this, the majority of the programs we were delivering for the community ceased during this period. In spite of the closure, we were fortunate enough to continue to deliver our Emergency Relief program on a contactless basis. This allowed us to continue to support the community with crisis and emergency relief assistance with food and bill support during a time when they needed us the most. Also continued was our free bread, feeding the community & feed the farmers programs. Since restrictions have eased, the bulk of our programs and activities have been able to re-commence following strict COVID-19 Work Safe protocols and guidelines including adhering to social distancing codes. Our School Holiday programs this year were delivered through a boredom buster packs for the kids in the community to enjoy at home with their families over the school holiday periods.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- Victims of disaster
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Veterans and/or their families
- Unemployed persons
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- People with disabilities
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $226,113 (57% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $75,371.
Revenue vs Expenses
Leichhardt Community Group Inc has seen an average annual growth of 13% in revenue versus a 15% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Grants given out in 2020 for use within Australia: $164,689
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Leichhardt Community Group Inc has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.30. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Christine Macdonald
- SecretaryPossibly also represents: Riverview Neighbourhood House Association Inc.
- Vera Short
- PresidentPossibly also represents: IPSWICH HOUSING AND SUPPORT SERVICES INC..
- Ruth Hill
- Joseph Haas
- Committee Member
- Kree Weller
- Committee Member
Open Doors Youth Service Inc.
We have set up outreach facilitiesfor schools for training teachers to facilitate with an alchohol and drug programme. We have a dedicated team who s…
Noonga Reconciliation Group
We provide information and activities on reconciliation issues to benefit local communities, schools and early learning centres and in doing so suppor…
The Trustee For The Aurora Group Trust Fund
The Aurora Group is a registered charity, based in the gay, lesbian and transgender community. Aurora raises money through fundraising events, support…
National Institute For Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Health Research Limited
* 11% of the Institute's policy and advocacy work had a direct influence on national level policy * Awarded 11 scholarships and 12 seed funding g…
Carbal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services Limited
Carbal operated 2 Full Service GP clinics and provided culturally appropriate services specifically targeted at First Nations people. Carbal operated …
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations are not tax deductible.
- Office Address
1-17 Denman St
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions
- homelessness, qld, aboriginal, torres strait, torres strait islander, transgender, leichhardt, gay, lesbian, intersex