Forever Wild is a small-scale charity established in 1996. Their main activity is registered as environmental activities primarily serving general community in australia.
During the last financial year our activities have been split into 3 broad categories: 1. Land management and community engagement at the Tropical Wetlands Shared Earth Reserve (SER), North Queensland. Fire management in particular was an area of activity, including the development and implementation of a comprehensive fire management plan in several key habitats on the Reserve. From a community perspective FW facilitated multiple events led by social development partners, including free community concerts, a reconciliation film night and events for children caught up in the youth justice system. 2. The development of large-scale landscape initiative in the Southern Rangelands of Western Australia. Key staff have traveled to WA to map out the growth plan with government, relevant scientists, the agricultural and broader community in the landscape. In March 2020 we began planning the specific conservation and community activities in the Murchison District of WA to roll out over 2020 / 2021. 3. Development of long-term business and investment pathways for growth and financial sustainability of large-scale integrated wilderness landscapes. Developing models for the long-term financial sustainability of very large Shared Earth Reserves is a major area of innovation undertaken by FW. Our work revolves around using natural capital as a base upon which to generate sustainable revenues to protect the diverse values of intact wilderness landscapes in Australia. The outcomes of our work in 2019/20 were an increase in support for FW across a broad cross section of the community, and the start of restoring strong conservation management practices to the Tropical Wetlands SER.
Who They Help
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- General community in Australia
Total employee expenses: $9,850 (7% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $9,850.
Revenue vs Expenses
Assets vs Liabilities
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- John Mcdonald
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Heidelberg Christian Centre Inc, Citywest Christian Centre Inc, Riverside Community and Recreation Centre Limited, Border Rivers Christian College Ltd, The Acupuncture Now Foundation (Australia), ACUPUNCTURE NOW AUSTRALIA LTD, The Joy and Harold Marchant Foundation, East Tamworth Gospel Trust, The Trustee For Peel Education Trust, Parkinson's Western Australia Inc, St Joseph's College Foundation Limited, St Joseph's College Foundation Education Fund.
- Pietro Girgenti
- Bronwyn Price
- Fiachra Kearney
- Terry Carmichael
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: TREE ROO RESCUE AND CONSERVATION CENTRE LTD.
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction. (Fund name: WILDLIFE CONCERVANCY OF TROPICAL QUEENSLAND PUBLIC FUND).
- Office Address
186 Byrnes St
- Operating States
- QLD WA
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture.
- qld, mareeba