Big Issue In Australia Limited
Big Issue In Australia Limited is a large-scale charity established in 1995. Their main activity is registered as income support and maintenance primarily serving people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness.
Magazine Sales by Vendors providing income for homeless, marginalised and disadvantaged people, Education classes providing school groups with a real-life insight into homelessness and disadvantage, Street Soccer programs promoting social inclusion and personal development, Womens Subscription - providing job opportunities for homeless, marginalised and disadvantaged women
Who They Help
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Financially disadvantaged people
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- People with disabilities
- Unemployed persons
- Victims of crime (including family violence)
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- General community in Australia
Total employee expenses: $3,443,936 (61% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $80,092.
Revenue vs Expenses
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2019, Big Issue In Australia Limited has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.29. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Wendy Fromhold
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Homes For Homes Limited.
- Sonya Clancy
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Trustee For The NSW Community Foundation, Q C F Account Langford W A & D J Trust, The Trustee For The Victorian Community Foundation, South West Boojarah Charitable Trust, The Trustee For The Victorian Community Foundation - Holsworth Local Heritage Trust, Q C F Account Theobold A F Memorial Fund Trust, The Trustee For Victorian Community Foundation, The Trustee For Victorian Community Foundation Including Ross House, Victorian Community Foundation A C Anz Fund, The Trustee For Anz Qld Community Foundation-The Charles And Lorna Lewin Memorial Fund, Victorian Community Foundation A/C The Foundation For Outdoor Education In Victoria, Victorian Community Foundation A/C The Albert Van Moorst Memorial Trust, The Trustee For Victorian Community Foundation, Queensland Community Foundation A/C Anz Bank Fund, Victorian Community Foundation A/C The Gerda Nicolson Award, The Trustee For Af Pillow Applied Mathematics Trust, Andrew James Schreuder Scholarship, Victorian Community Foundation, Queensland Community Foundation, The Trustee For Victorian Community Foundation-The George Perry Fund, The Trustee for Queensland Community Foundation The Lydia Edith Roberts Memorial Fund, The Trustee For Victorian Community Foundation, Victorian Community Foundation, Q C F Account Swallow T G Trust, Victorian Community Foundationa/C Dean William Winter Trust.
- Carolyn Viney
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Walter And Eliza Hall Institute Of Medical Research.
- Adam Brooks
- Steven Munchenberg
- Paul Kearney
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Merri Community Child Care Centre and Kindergarten Inc, EX-MED Cancer Ltd.
- Adam Brooks
Homes For Homes Limited
Raise new funding for social and affordable housing for homeless, marginalised and disadvantaged people…
The Trustee For The Collingwood Football Club Community Foundation
-Sourced rental properties for homeless persons and victims of domestic abuse in conjunction with the Salvation Army. - Supports a Melbourne based Caf…
Melbourne City Mission
Melbourne City Mission is a leading community support organisation working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a br…
We support youth to break free of generational hardship and disadvantage.…
City in the Community
Our work is built around three pillars social inclusion, physical activity, education and employment. Although the COVID-19 pandemic interrupted all …
Deaf Services Australia Ltd
Providing disability employment services…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
B 227 Collins St
- Operating States
- VIC TAS NSW QLD WA SA ACT NT
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
- melbourne, employment, marginalised, job, jobs, vic, social enterprises