University Of The Third Age Brisbane
University Of The Third Age Brisbane is a medium-scale charity established in 1998. Their main activity is registered as adult education primarily serving adults - aged 65 and over.
U3A Brisbane is a self funded organisation, managed and operated by volunteers. It is a learning community with the aim to provide programmes of activities which offer stimulation and development to persons in the third age of life, those in retirement and those preparing for retirement. The Association is a charitable organization in the sense that its sole purpose is to provide members with the stimulus of mental and social activity, and the satisfaction of a continuing contribution to society, for their well-being and for the good of their physical and mental health. The Association is a mutual-aid movement a modern community of scholars, but one catering for those in the third age.
Who They Help
- Adults - aged 65 and over
Total employee expenses: $0 (0% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $0.
Revenue vs Expenses
University Of The Third Age Brisbane has seen an average annual growth of 0% in revenue versus a 2% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, University Of The Third Age Brisbane has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.07. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Mary Denver
- Lyndall Beattie
- TreasurerAlso represents: INCH Housing Inc..
- Peter O'loughlin
- Committee MemberPossibly also represents: Marcus Oldham College, St Peter Chanel Catholic School, Sacred Heart School Board Of Management Geeveston, Sacred Heart Catholic School Ulverstone, Star Of The Sea College, Holy Rosary Catholic School, St Josephs Catholic Primary School, Immaculate Heart Of Mary Catholic School, St Aloysius Catholic College, St John's Catholic School, John Paul II Catholic Primary School, Corpus Christi Catholic School, Our Lady Of Lourdes Catholic School, St Finn Barr's Catholic Primary School, Our Lady Of Mercy School, St Brigid's Catholic School, St Thereses Catholic School, St Cuthberts Catholic School, Larmenier Catholic Primary School, St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, St James Catholic College, St Thomas More's Catholic Primary School, Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Stella Maris Catholic Primary School, St Brigid's Catholic Primary School.
- Mary-anne Scott
- Committee Member
- Christopher Waller
- Committee Member
- Gabrielle Power West
- Neil Brown
- Committee MemberPossibly also represents: St Stephens Toowoomba Meals On Wheels, Holy Trinity Anglican Church Of Australia Wentworth Falls.
- Deslyn Taylor
- Martin Bridgstock
- Committee Member
Queensland Doctors' Health Programme Pty Ltd
Operate a 24-7 help-line for doctors and medical students in distress. Provided education and advocacy for doctors' health issues and provided re…
University of Newcastle Medical Society Inc.
We support our members by providing academic support, advocacy and support for our members wellbeing. Academic support was provided by hosting exam pr…
Mercy Partners is the Catholic sponsor of facilities in the areas of health, aged care, education and community welfare and disability services. As sp…
Saacid Australia Incorporated
Provided funding for health programming in Somalia…
The Corporation Of The Synod Of The Diocese Of Brisbane
Our programs delivered through our parish advance the Anglican faith through proclaiming, worshipping, serving and teaching within our faith community…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations are not tax deductible.
- Office Address
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions
- health, qld, education, learning, volunteers, brisbane, history, retirees, university, university of the third age, u3a, Brisbane City