Carbal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services Limited
Also known as “Carbal Medical Services”, Carbal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services Limited is a large-scale charity established in 2003. Their main activity is registered as in-patient medical care primarily serving early childhood - aged under 6 children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities financially disadvantaged people people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness people with chronic illness (including terminal illness) people with disabilities pre/post release offenders and/or their families unemployed persons veterans and/or their families females males.
Carbal operated 2 Full Service GP clinics and provided culturally appropriate services specifically targeted at First Nations people. Carbal operated a full service Outreach clinic and provided culturally appropriate services specifically targeted at the refugee population of Toowoomba. Carbal operated a full NDIS service for clients on the Darling and Southern Downs Carbal operated the COVID 19 Respiratory Clinic for the Toowoomba Region. Carbal delivered 15 outreach programs on behalf of the Commonwealth and State Governments and the DDWMPHN Carbal delivered a number of self-funded community programs throughout the period.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- Veterans and/or their families
- Unemployed persons
- Pre/post release offenders and/or their families
- People with disabilities
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $6,862,535 (58% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $74,593.
Revenue vs Expenses
Carbal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services Limited has seen an average annual growth of 17% in revenue versus a 13% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Carbal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Services Limited has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.20. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Maree Toombs
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: Carbal Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Institute of Health Research Limited.
- Brian Hewitt
Noonga Reconciliation Group
We provide information and activities on reconciliation issues to benefit local communities, schools and early learning centres and in doing so suppor…
National Institute For Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Health Research Limited
* 11% of the Institute's policy and advocacy work had a direct influence on national level policy * Awarded 11 scholarships and 12 seed funding g…
Charity Bounce Limited
Charity Bounce is a not for profit organisation that exists to build resiliency and positive job futures for young people at -risk (12-24), using inno…
Babana Aboriginal Men's Group Incorporated
Babana provides culturally appropriate support to our community on a range of areas including mental health support, employment support, mentoring, we…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
- health, qld, aboriginal, torres strait, torres strait islander, torres strait islanders, indigenous, aboriginal medical service, toowoomba, Toowoomba City, Kearneys Spring