Primary Health Tasmania
Primary Health Tasmania is a large-scale charity established in 1998. Their main activity is registered as health primarily serving children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities females males.
Our programs, services and supports are targetted at addressing service gaps and areas of emerging health need within the Tasmanian community. This ensures a more balanced and equitable access to primary health care services in and across communities within the state and helps keep people well and out of hospital for longer. Our strongest focus is on marginalised groups and communities with the greatest health needs and covers areas including mental health, alcohol and drug services, complex chronic care services and supports for those in aged and residential care. We work through a network of commissioned service providers to service models designed by communities and health providers to address specific priority needs.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- People with chronic illness (including terminal illness)
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- General community in Australia
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $7,336,778 (15% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $112,874.
Revenue vs Expenses
Primary Health Tasmania has seen an average annual growth of 7% in revenue versus a 7% p.a. increase in expenses.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Primary Health Tasmania has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.85. This is considered slightly riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- David Knowles
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: Health Education Australia Limited, The Victorian Homeless Fund Ltd, Foundation For National Parks & Wildlife, The Trustee For Sydney Community Foundation Tax Deductible Fund, PLUS ONE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT LIMITED, The Trustee For Sydney Community Foundation General Fund, Sydney Community Foundation, Fnpw Gift Fund Trust.
- Robert Walters
- Board Member
- Philip Edmondson
- SecretaryPossibly also represents: D L Martin Testamentary Discretionary Trust.
- Graeme Lynch
- Gregory Peterson
- Board MemberAlso represents: Alcohol Tobacco And Other Drugs Council (Tas).Possibly also represents: Cancer Council Of Tasmania Inc.
- Ruth Kearon
- Board Member
- Allyson Warrington
- Board Member
- Donald Mckenzie
- Deputy ChairpersonPossibly also represents: Mt Eliza Churches Community Service Inc, Northern Suburbs Community Centre Inc, Prom Aged Services Fund Raising Inc., Cape Hope Pty Ltd, The Trustee for Cape Hope Foundation, Davenport Community Council Inc, Toora Uniting Church Congregation, Linton Court Elderly Peoples Homes Society Inc., Fish Creek Union Church, Morrgul Pty Ltd, Bridge Art Project Incorporated.
Sawtooth ARI Inc.
Sawtooth ARI is an Artist Run Initiative gallery based in Launceston, Tasmania committed to servicing our community through the provision of a quality…
The Association for Children with Disability (Tasmania) Inc
The Association for Children with Disability (Tas) is a state-wide, peer-led not-for-profit organisation. Connecting to more than 1,000 families each …
Midlands Conservation Fund
The Midlands Conservation Fund (MCF) is managed as a perpetual fund, the earnings of which are used to support Conservation Agreements with landholder…
Cornerstone Youth Services Inc
Delivery of a range of services to young people aged 12-25 in the North & North-west of Tasmania. There is a focus on health promotion, education, ea…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
85-99 Collins St
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Health Promotion Charity
(03) 6213 8200
- Latest Social
- Tweets by TasPHN
- health, community, hospital, not-for-profit organisation, medical services, tasmania, risk, patients, health system, tasmanian, hobart, tas