TEDXSYDNEY LIMITED is a medium-scale charity established in 2013. Their main activity is registered as health primarily serving adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities financially disadvantaged people people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness unemployed persons females males.
The principal continuing activities of the company consisted of : Planning and staging of the annual conference "TEDxSydney" and supporting events. The events are staged to: Promote culture by showcasing ideas, stories , literature, spoken word, music, design, video, performing arts, visual arts and film making. To crease and support cultural events where local communities and global citizens gather to learn, collaborate and benefit from shared knowledge, culture and ideas; To support and promote cultural activities that educate the general population and stimulate secular, non-party-political debate on cultural, political, economic, moral and philosophical issues; To act as a catalyst and conduit for the global propagation of good ideas, innovation and creativity; To facilitate the development of a global community and network of people who feel nourished and inspired by their mutual connection and shared affiliation through the propagation of good ideas; To generate media content and provide curated platforms, both temporary and permanent, from and for the realisation of the objects of the company; and to do all such acts as are incidental and conducive to the furtherance of the above objects.
Who They Help
- Unemployed persons
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $0 (0% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $0.
Revenue vs Expenses
TEDXSYDNEY LIMITED has seen an average annual growth of 17% in revenue versus a 22% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, TEDXSYDNEY LIMITED has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 1.12. This is considered riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Michael Lynch
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Don Bosco Youth Centre & Hostel Inc, Gospel Future Fund, Taroona Environment Network Inc, BEAT Bladder Cancer Australia Inc, CatholicCare Wilcannia-Forbes Limited, Picton-Thirlmere-Bargo RSL sub-Branch (RSL NSW), Company B Ltd, New Front Door: The Church IT Guild, Horizon Housing Realty, Sticking Together SIB Trust, The Trustee for Foyer Central SIB Trust, Newpin SA SIB Trust, Resolve SBB Trust, Newpin Qld SBB Trust, Aspire SIB Trust, Side by Side SIB Trust, Tasmania University Union University Fellowship of Christians Society.
- Andrew Rothery
- Remo Giuffre
- Jessica Miller
- Cheryl Bart
- Remo Giuffre
- Michael Francis Lynch
Afghan Community Support Association of NSW Inc
We provided religious services to all Muslims in Sydney NSW. We also promoted Afghan culture and unity and reconciliation within the Afghan community …
Cicada International Limited
We delivered a National awards program which included a series of forums, a key note address, showcase event and networking opportunities to recognise…
Think & DO Tank Foundation Limited
Think+DO Tank Foundation collaborates with low-income and marginalised, urban communities in NSW, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse w…
Robin Boyd Foundation
To continue the work and ethos of Robin Boyd through an active, innovative and ongoing series of design focused public learning programs and events de…
Maitreya Sangha Australia Ltd
- Through cultural diversity educational classes and seminars, philosophy discussion groups. - Through distribution of funds to various charitable org…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations are not tax deductible.
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture.
- Latest Social
- Tweets by tedxsydney
- community, nsw, arts, innovation, culture, design, creativity, cultural, literature, North Bondi