Consumer Action Law Centre
Consumer Action Law Centre is a large-scale charity established in 2006. Their main activity is registered as legal services primarily serving youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over aboriginal and torres strait islander people people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities financially disadvantaged people people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness people with disabilities unemployed persons general community in australia.
We provided legal assistance and information services to members of the public and community workers via our telephone and online advice services, case work and strategic litigation. We provided financial counselling assistance to members of the public via our telephone advice line and our case work services. We conducted effective advocacy and campaigns activities pursuing reform of laws and industry practices to make life easier for all Australians.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- Unemployed persons
- People with disabilities
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- General community in Australia
- Financially disadvantaged people
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $4,869,584 (78% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $103,608.
Revenue vs Expenses
Consumer Action Law Centre has seen an average annual growth of 6% in revenue versus a 10% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2021, Consumer Action Law Centre has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.32. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Philip Cullum
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Consumers Federation of Australia Inc..
- David Tennant
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Trustee For The Jan Pentland Foundation.
- John Berrill
- Ciara Sterling
- David Berry
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Whitehorse Active Transport Action Group Inc., Illawarra Cancer Carers Incorporated, WAY FORWARD DEBT SOLUTIONS LIMITED, Organs Of The Ballarat Goldfields A Festival Of Fine Music, Moorabbin-Dandenong Lutheran Church, Blackburn And District Treepreservation Society Inc A152078, Prison Fellowship Australia, Lutheran Church Of Australia Victorian District St James Moorabbin, Baptist Insurance Services Ltd.
- Sarah Leslie
- Victoria Marles
The Trustee For The Jan Pentland Foundation
The Jan Pentland Foundation awarded scholarships to enable people to study financial counselling or a related discipline. Financial counsellors work i…
Financial Counselling Australia Ltd
FCA is the national voice for the financial counselling profession in Australia. It is a not for profit organisation that: Provides resources and sup…
Financial Counselling Foundation
The Financial Counselling Foundation is a charitable trust that works to advance financial counselling services. The Foundation provides funding for d…
Financial Counselling Victoria Inc
Financial Counselling Victoria Inc (FCVic) as the peak body for financial counsellors in Victoria: - FCVic provided resources and support to financial…
Personal Injury Education Foundation Limited
PIEF's purpose is to strengthen personal injury & disability management industry capability to deliver social and economic value and community ou…
Spiritual Health Association Limited
We worked with health services and faith communities to ensure spiritual care services are available to all people as part of person-centred health ca…
Melbourne City Mission
Melbourne City Mission is a leading community support organisation working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a br…
Regional Arts Victoria
Supporting the arts in regional Victoria. Regional Arts Victoria backs artists and communities across regional Victoria to make, participate in, and…
Tenants Union Of Victoria Limited
Tenants Victoria promote and protects the rights and interests of all residential tenants in Victoria by providing legal advice and assistance, legal …
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
L 6 179 Queen St
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
03 9670 5088
- Latest Social
- Tweets by consumer_action
- community, industry, law, melbourne, victoria, australians, vic, legal assistance, financial