Royal South Street Society
Also known as “The Grand National Eisteddfod of Australasia”, Royal South Street Society is a medium-scale charity established in 1878. Their main activity is registered as culture and arts primarily serving general community in australia.
- The Royal South Street Eisteddfod, an annual event that covers 14 theatrical disciplines of voice, music, and movements, providing some 40,000+ on-stage performance opportunities for competitors all over Australia. - South Street actively purses donations to assist towards prize money for our competitors. - Over 250 volunteers assist in the running of the Eisteddfod. - The Eisteddfod attracts benefits to the Ballarat economy by over $14 m annually.
Who They Help
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People with disabilities
- Unemployed persons
- General community in Australia
Total employee expenses: $280,294 (35% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $140,147.
Revenue vs Expenses
Royal South Street Society has seen an average annual growth of 2% in revenue versus a 1% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Grants given out in 2019 for use within Australia: $142,720
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2019, Royal South Street Society has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.07. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Ronald Harrington
- Board Member
- Mary-rose Mclaren
- Board Member
- Peter Zala
- Andrea Brown
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: Art Gallery Society Of New South Wales, Gr8Motive Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Corporation.
- Virginia Wise
- Board MemberPossibly also represents: School Broadcasting Network.
- Benjamin Brown
- TreasurerPossibly also represents: Regional Housing Limited.
Ballarat & District Aboriginal Cooperative Ltd
The Ballarat and District Aboriginal Cooperative ensures the delivery of health, family, social and welfare services to the local Ballarat and distric…
Ballarat Foundation United Way Inc.
https://ballaratfoundation.org/ supported more than 70 volunteering organsations to build a more vibrant volunteering sector whilst also delivering of…
St John's Lutheran Church Ballarat
Provision of weekly religious services, regular Sunday School, Ladies Fellowship and bible study. Support to the local community through hospital and…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction. (Fund name: ROYAL SOUTH STREET SOCIETY PRIZE FUND).
- Office Address
Po Box 33
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Unincorporated Entity
An other unincorporated entity is a number of people grouped together by a common purpose with club-like characteristics, for example, a sporting club, social club or trade union. Some club-like characteristics are that: there are members of the association the members will normally be free to join or leave the association the association will normally continue in existence independently of any change to the composition of the association as a matter of history, there will have been a moment in time when a number of persons combined to form the association there is a contract (which can fall short of a legally enforceable contract) binding the members among themselves, and there is a constitutional arrangement for meetings of members and for appointing officers. The meaning of any other unincorporated association or body of persons does not include a non-entity joint venture.
- ballarat, vic, eisteddfod, direct mail, Ballarat Central