Reachout Australia is a large-scale charity established in 1996. Their main activity is registered as mental healthcare primarily serving children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 families aboriginal and torres strait islander people gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons migrants, refugees or asylum seekers people from a culturally and linguistically diverse background people in rural/regional/remote communities females males general community in australia.
In 201920, over three million people sought support from ReachOut Australia. ReachOut provided support for young people, parents and schools over the summer bushfires and as we faced the health, social and economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Traffic soared by 48% (year-on-year) in the first five weeks after social distancing measures were introduced in mid-March 2020, and has remained elevated, even after the initial lockdown period, with a 35% increase in demand (year-on-year). We responded to the COVID-19 pandemic, providing support for young people and their parents around the issues that were affecting them. ReachOuts COVID-19-specific resources were accessed by more than 216k people in Australia. We helped young people find a safe place to open up (and find more support, whenever they needed it), there were more than 35k posts on the ReachOut Peer-Support Forums. We provided personalised support to young people and parents and were there for more people in urgent need. On ReachOut.com (Young people), the Urgent Help page was visited more than 40k times.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- General community in Australia
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Total employee expenses: $4,631,192 (39% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $40,671.
Revenue vs Expenses
Reachout Australia has seen an average annual growth of 12% in revenue versus a 10% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Reachout Australia has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.32. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Ian Thorpe
- Aaron Green
- Dianne James
- Nigel Smyth
- Andrew Wilson
- ChairpersonPossibly also represents: The Knox School Limited, Ccc Carlingford Foundation Ltd, CCC Carlingford Trust Fund, The Trustee For Ccc Carlingford Religious Education Fund, Breakthrough Community Services, The Trustee For Ccc Carlingford Benevolent Fund, The Trustee For The Adil Foundation, North East Tasmania Land Trust Inc, Victorian Scottish Heritage Cultural Foundation Limited, The Trustee For Trinity College Foundation, Salt Charitable Trust, The Port Campbell Surf Life Saving Club Incorporated, Anglican Trusts Corporation Of The Diocese Of Gippsland, Truth For Life Ministries, The Institute of Quarrying Australia, Christian City Church Carlingford Ltd, WEIGHT ISSUES NETWORK LIMITED, Murdoch Children's Research Institute, St Augustines College Parents And Friends Association, St Augustine's College Sydney, THE TRUSTEE FOR ST AUGUSTINE'S COLLEGE ANCILLARY FUND, Australia China Health Accelerator Limited, Scotch College, The Knox School Education Foundation.
- Erica Stewart
- Helen Conway
- Alison Hughes
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Kapunda And Eudunda Schools Chaplaincy Support Group Inc.
Great Eastern Ranges Limited
GER Ltd. coordinated a network of connectivity conservation practitioners to achieve large scale habitat restoration in priority locations across east…
Multidisciplinary health services supporting young people 12-25 years with mental health issues and co-morbidities of drug & alcohol and primary healt…
Mind For Life Limited
Mind for life work providing online education and awareness about mental health and general well-being. We have Health practitioners who provided tips…
Babana Aboriginal Men's Group Incorporated
Babana provides culturally appropriate support to our community on a range of areas including mental health support, employment support, mentoring, we…
Griffith Community Centre Inc
Griffith Community Centre is a one stop community hub operating five days per week in the Griffith Local Government Area. The Centre works with all me…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
Suite 2.04, Building B 35 Saunders Street
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
- health, nsw, mental health, youth suicide, pyrmont