AbSec – NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation
Also known as “AbSec”, AbSec – NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation is a large-scale charity established in 2018. Their main activity is registered as civic and advocacy activities primarily serving aboriginal and torres strait islander people.
We have provided Aboriginal child protection and out of home care policy advice and have also worked to build capacity in the Aboriginal NGO sector. We deliver the Aboriginal Statewide Care Support Service (ASCSS) which provides a free telephone advice and advocacy service for the carers of Aboriginal Children and also assist local communities in establishing Aboriginal carer support groups.
Who They Help
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Early childhood - aged under 6
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- People with disabilities
- Youth - 15 to under 25
Total employee expenses: $2,446,295 (52% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $81,543.
Revenue vs Expenses
AbSec – NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation has seen an average annual growth of 2% in revenue versus a 3% p.a. increase in expenses. This imbalance can sometimes mean a challenge for long-term financial management.
Grants given out in 2019 for use within Australia: $2,126
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2019, AbSec – NSW Child, Family and Community Peak Aboriginal Corporation has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.46. This is considered slightly riskier than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Tina Mcghie
- DirectorPossibly also represents: DIRECTIONS HEALTH SERVICES LIMITED.
- Gary Matthews
- TreasurerPossibly also represents: TWEED REGIONAL PERFORMING ARTS INCORPORATED ASSOCIATION, Queenslanders With Disability Network Limited.
- Dana Clarke
- Robert Skeen
- DirectorPossibly also represents: National Institute For Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander Health Research Limited.
- Wendy Knight
- DirectorPossibly also represents: Bullinah Aboriginal Health Service Limited.
- Leasa Kelly
- Petrice Manton
- Tangerene Ingram
- Timothy Ireland
- SecretaryPossibly also represents: All Nations Presbyterian Church (Incorporated).
- Dana Clarke
- William Henry
- DirectorAlso represents: Illawarra Wingecarribee Alliance Aboriginal Corporation.
The Association for Children with Disability (Tasmania) Inc
The Association for Children with Disability (Tas) is a state-wide, peer-led not-for-profit organisation. Connecting to more than 1,000 families each …
Maryland Child Care Centre Inc
We provide a not for profit early childhood education program for children aged 0-6 years 49 weeks of the year…
Newcastle Agricultural Horticultural & Industrial Association Inc
The delivery of an annual regional show focusing on agriculture horticulture and industry.…
Noah's Ark Inc.
Noah's Ark is a not-for-profit community organisation based in Victoria, southern NSW and the ACT. We offer a range of services and programs tha…
Camberwell Structured Playgroup Association Incorporated
We are a not-for-profit organisation that is run by parents and aims to provide positive experiences for young children and their families. Playgroup…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
21 Carrington Road
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions Public Benevolent Institution
- children, advocacy, nsw, aboriginal, child, disability, carers, carer, child protection, ngo, marrickville, Marrickville Metro