Lightning Ridge Opal & Fossil Centre Incorporated
Lightning Ridge Opal & Fossil Centre Incorporated is a large-scale charity established in 1997. Their main activity is registered as natural history museums primarily serving children - aged 6 to under 15 youth - 15 to under 25 adults - aged 25 to under 65 adults - aged 65 and over families people in rural/regional/remote communities general community in australia.
LROFC Inc manages the Australian Opal Centre (AOC), through which it continues to: Share knowledge and increase awareness about Australia's National Gemstone, Australia's opalised fossils, and the natural and cultural heritage of Australia's remote opal fields and their culturally diverse communities Manage and provide access to a collection of opalised fossils and opal-related items; run a public exhibition space; enable peer-reviewed palaeontological research, and scientific and general publications Hold fossil digs, exhibitions, lectures, performances and other cultural events; run classes, education programs and social activities; run volunteer and membership programs Provide information and image services to educational institutions, members of the public, researchers, journalists, artists, community groups, government and non-government organisations Collaborate with and provide support to other organisations with shared objectives Share knowledge, foster creativity, and advance regional community economic and cultural development Fundraising activities and revenue from programs enable the LROFC / AOC to pursue its purposes. In 2020, a major activity was completion of design and documentation for a new Australian Opal Centre AOC building that will be an exemplar of sustainable building design in semi-arid Australia.
Who They Help
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- People in rural/regional/remote communities
- General community in Australia
- Children - aged 6 to under 15
- Adults - aged 65 and over
- Adults - aged 25 to under 65
Total employee expenses: $153,730 (6% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $76,865.
Revenue vs Expenses
Lightning Ridge Opal & Fossil Centre Incorporated has seen an average annual growth of 124% in revenue versus a 119% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, Lightning Ridge Opal & Fossil Centre Incorporated has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.03. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Jenny Molyneux
- Margaret Pickworth
- Janet Town
- Committee Member
- James Young
- Committee Member
- David Brown
- Committee MemberPossibly also represents: Christian Medical & Dental Fellowship Of Australia Incorporated, A.M.Y. Nominees Charitable Trust, Anangu Mining Charitable Trust, BENE CIVITAS LTD, Sarangi Social Enterprise Inc., Crows Nest Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Illawarra Regional Information Service Ltd, Pioneers Memorial Presbyterian Churchcheltenham, Grenfell Assembly Of God Inc, Little Stars Kids Pty Ltd, Stanford Brown Charitable Foundation, Overseas Council Australia, The Trustee For Overseas Council Fund, Emerge Foundation Australia Ltd, The Gospel Enterprise Inc, A.M.Y. Environmental Services Charitable Trust, Apollo Bay Rsl, Sound of the Future Ltd, Keema Childrens Foundation Trust, Spaghetti Circus Incorporated, Mullumbimby Showground Trust Main Arm Rd Mullumbimby, Gunnedah Baptist Child Care Association Ltd.
- Clyte Smith
- Timothy Cowley
National Ethnic and Multicultural Broadcasters’ Council Incorporated
We provided support and information to 15 different culturally and linguistically diverse audiences, in three different states NSW, Qld and Victoria, …
Adventist Development And Relief Agency Australia Ltd
The operational activities identify and address the needs and opportunities to bring about transformative change through strong networks, ADRAs abilit…
Australian Blouza Association Incorporated
Our activities helped encourage community participation by providing a meeting place for local social and educational events, including dance lessons,…
Think & DO Tank Foundation Limited
Think+DO Tank Foundation collaborates with low-income and marginalised, urban communities in NSW, focusing on culturally and linguistically diverse w…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
3/11 Morilla St
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Other Incorporated Entity
Other incorporated entity includes an entity that has the same characteristics as a company but is not incorporated as a corporation's law company. This category includes: a branch of an overseas company not incorporated in Australia (often the name ends in corporation) incorporated associations which are incorporated under a State Act incorporated charitable institutions
02 6829 1667
- community, fund raising, nsw, society, information, not for profit, charitable purposes, researchers, media, cultural, tourism, Lightning Ridge