Mission Australia is a large-scale charity established in 1861. Their main activity is registered as social services primarily serving general community in australia.
Mission Australia is a national Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for over 160 years. Our goal is to reduce homelessness and strengthen communities across Australia. Every day our services combat homelessness, assist disadvantaged families and children, address mental health issues, fight substance dependencies, and much more. We work alongside our partners and everyday Australians who provide generous support. The generosity of Mission Australias supporters and the tireless efforts of staff and volunteers saw 161,595 disadvantaged Australians receive the help they needed to move towards independence in 2018-19. Together, we stand with Australians in need until they can stand for themselves
Who They Help
- Financially disadvantaged people
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
- People with disabilities
- Unemployed persons
- General community in Australia
Total employee expenses: $166,240,000 (66% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $40,919.
Revenue vs Expenses
Mission Australia has seen an average annual decline of -1% in revenue versus a -1% p.a. decrease in expenses.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2019, Mission Australia has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.31. This is considered about average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Richard Mark Hutchinson
- Debra Stirling
- Robert Mitchell
- DirectorAlso represents: The Trustee For Sir David Martin Foundation, The Trustee For Mission Australia Foundation.Possibly also represents: National Association Of People With HIV Australia (NAPWHA), University Of Divinity, The Anglican Church Of Griffith, Anglicord Limited.
- Jennifer Lambert
- Ian Hammond
- Evelyn Horton
- Kenneth Dean
- DirectorPossibly also represents: The Anglican Church Of Australia Parramatta North With Harris Park.
- Simon Miller
- Sally Ascroft
- SecretaryAlso represents: The Trustee For Sir David Martin Foundation, Mission Australia Services, The Trustee For Mission Australia Foundation, Mission Australia Housing (Victoria).Possibly also represents: Mission Australia Housing Partnership Limited.
Mission Australia Housing
As a leading community housing provider, our aim is to deliver safe, secure and affordable housing services that are tailored to individual need and c…
The Trustee For Sir David Martin Foundation
Sir David Martin Foundation (SDMF) raises funds and awareness for young people suffering from issues such as substance abuse, mental illness, homele…
Mission Australia Housing (Victoria)
As a leading community housing provider, our aim is to deliver safe, secure and affordable housing services that are tailored to individual needs and …
Calvary Health Care Act Limited
Our purpose is the maintenance/enhancement of the overall quality of life, dignity and well-being of every individual needing care, particularly at th…
Community Services 1
We operate 5 early education and care services, educating and care for over 600 children daily. We provide aged care services, both in the community …
Cheltenham Community Centre Inc
Our adult education, childcare, sports club, recreation, festivals, and volunteer program link in people that might otherwise be socially isolated in …
Food Ladder addresses food security and creates employment and training opportunities for adults, and education outcomes for children in communities o…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
L 7 580 George St
- Operating States
- VIC TAS NSW QLD WA SA ACT NT
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
02 9219 2000
- Latest Social
- Tweets by MissionAust
- homelessness, children, community, nsw, employment, sydney, aged care, work, not for profit, childcare, community development, mission australia