Marco Polo Project
Marco Polo Project is a small-scale charity established in 2013. Their main activity is registered as other education primarily serving migrants, refugees or asylum seekers.
* We ran a weekly Chinese-English collaborative translation MeetUp in Melbourne, and a Japanse English collaborative translation MeetUp in Japan. We also ran pop ups in Mexico. This assisted with language learning and building cross-cultural empathy as well as a sense of community among participants of different cultures. * We piloted and delivered three iterations of our program 'Design for Diversity' with groups of international students in higher education, in partnership with Study Melbourne. * We partnered with Insight Academy of entrepreneurship on program development and delivery, looking at the intersection of cultural difference, innovation and empathy. * We ran two events with Insight Academy celebrating entrepreneurship among culturally and gender-diverse communities. * We ran sessions for a pilot program exploring new models of intercultural / multilingual public conversations. * We ran a large-scale program with TAFE Victoria engaging international students with local businesses to support employability. * We did public speaking and consulting with partner education and community building organisations, across topics of cultural diversity, entrepreneurship, innovation, empathy and resilience.
Who They Help
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender or intersex persons
- Migrants, refugees or asylum seekers
- Overseas communities or charities
- People from a culturally and linguistically diverse background
- Youth - 15 to under 25
- General community in Australia
Total employee expenses: $14,822 (48% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $3,762.
Revenue vs Expenses
Marco Polo Project has seen an average annual growth of 102% in revenue versus a 75% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Assets vs Liabilities
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Raphael Trantoul
- Samuel Taylor
- DirectorAlso represents: Estuary Care Foundation SA Inc.
- Julien Leyre
- Dong Yan
- Daniel Ednie-lockett
Personal Injury Education Foundation Limited
PIEF"S purpose is to strengthen personal injury & disability management industry capability to deliver social and economic value and community outcome…
La Trobe Lifeskills Recreation And Work Inc
La Trobe Lifeskills Recreation and Work Inc. provided support and education to people with disability within the North East Melbourne and the Loddon M…
Melbourne Youth Music Incorporated
We brought young Victorian musicians together to access specialist resources, equipment and expertise beyond what is available in schools. We undertoo…
Cheltenham Community Centre Inc
Our adult education, childcare, sports club, recreation, festivals, and volunteer program link in people that might otherwise be socially isolated in …
Melbourne City Mission
Melbourne City Mission is a leading community support organisation working alongside people to live the life they aspire to, their way, providing a br…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations are not tax deductible.
- Office Address
U 508 115 Swanston St
- Operating States
- Operating Countries
- Japan, Mexico
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture.
- community, education, melbourne, language, international students, design, vic, cross-cultural, marco polo