HousingFirst Ltd is a large-scale charity established in 1986. Their main activity is registered as social housing primarily serving people at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness.
HousingFirst's charitable purpose is to promote the relief of poverty, sickness or the needs of the aged by providing affordable rental housing to persons in housing need as low-income households, or through infirmity or age. This is reflected in our vision 'Affordable HOUSING Accessible to ALL' and our mission 'Building Affordable Homes and Local Communities' We achieve our mission by: Increasing the supply of secure, high quality, affordable housing. Providing exceptional property and tenancy management. Supporting tenants to achieve personal well-being. Building cohesive communities in collaboration with our tenants. Partnering to achieve these outcomes.
Who They Help
- People at risk of homelessness/ people experiencing homelessness
Total employee expenses: $4,017,637 (23% of revenue).
Average full-time equivalent salary: $108,585.
Revenue vs Expenses
HousingFirst Ltd has seen an average annual growth of 76% in revenue versus a 12% p.a. increase in expenses. This can be a good sign of financial health.
Assets vs Liabilities
As of 2020, HousingFirst Ltd has a debt-to-equity (D/E) ratio of 0.01. This is considered safer than average within the charity space.
Sources of Revenue
Sources of Expense
- Emily Masters
- DirectorAlso represents: The Trustee For Port Phillip Housing Trust, The Trustee for HousingFirst Subtrust 1 Trust.Possibly also represents: Proudies Foundation Inc.
- Kenneth Weldin
- Peter Martin
- DirectorAlso represents: Bubup Womindjeka Family and Children's Centre Association Inc, The Trustee For Port Phillip Housing Trust, The Trustee for HousingFirst Subtrust 1 Trust.
- Janine Kirk Am
- Jennifer Stone
- DirectorAlso represents: The Trustee For Port Phillip Housing Trust, The Trustee for HousingFirst Subtrust 1 Trust.Possibly also represents: Babinda Community Kindergarten Inc.
- Emmanuel Tsakis
- Nadia Jaworski
- Francis O'connor
- DirectorPossibly also represents: One Hundred & Seventy Nine Napier St Hostel Assoc Inc.
- John White
- DirectorAlso represents: The Trustee For Port Phillip Housing Trust, The Trustee for HousingFirst Subtrust 1 Trust.Possibly also represents: Illawarra Cancer Carers Incorporated, Victoria Welsh Male Choir, Campbelltown And Airds Historical Society Incorporated, Springfield Camira Men's Shed Inc, Child & Family Services Ballarat Inc, The Awakening Network Inc., Kinglake Ranges Mens Shed Inc., Anglican Church Stirling Crafers.
The Trustee For Port Phillip Housing Trust
The Trust's charitable purpose is to provide affordable housing in the City of Port Phillip to people on low to moderate incomes and with signifi…
Tenants Union Of Victoria Limited
Tenants Victoria promote and protects the rights and interests of all residential tenants in Victoria by providing legal advice and assistance, legal …
Compass Housing Services Co (Queensland) Ltd
Compass Housing Services Co. Ltd (Compass) is an enterprising and socially committed not-for-profit organisation that provides social and affordable h…
The Trustee For Ethiopiaid Australia Foundation
Ethiopiaid work with local Ethipian partners to deliver programs in accordance with our strategic plan.…
St Alphonsa Syro-Malabar Cathedral Parish Melbourne North
The relief of poverty, sickness or the needs of the aged. Advancement of religion. Other purposes meeting medical expenses of poor, meeting unexpected…
World Literacy Foundation
We provided literacy support, tutoring, children's books to education resources 4500 children from low income backgrounds…
- Registration Status
- Charity is registered.
- DGR Status
Donations can be claimed as a tax deduction.
- Office Address
L 3 492 St Kilda Rd
- Operating States
- Entity Type
Australian Public Company
A company is a non-individual client type. Company is defined to include a body corporate and any other unincorporated association or body of persons but does not include a partnership or a non-entity joint venture. Public Benevolent Institution
(03) 9534 5837
- Latest Social
- Tweets by HousingFirstLtd
- tenancy, melbourne, poverty, affordable housing, wellbeing, vic, housing association, tenants, port phillip, rental housing, affordable